Street & Utility Superintendent
Town of Hudson, IN
Salary (negotiable based on experience)
The Town of Hudson is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Street and Utility Superintendent position with an emphasis on force main and DS001 pump sewer systems. The Street & Utility Superintendent provides maintenance services to Street, Sewer, Buildings, and Utility areas of the Town of Hudson, Indiana. This position is under the supervision of the Town of Hudson Town Council.
Qualified applicants must complete a Town of Hudson employment application. Applicants
may also provide a cover letter, resume, and a listing of three references to:
Town of Hudson
Attn: Street & Utility Job Opening
115 Parsonage Street
PO Box 97
Hudson, IN 46747
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform a variety of maintenance duties.
• Maintain tools, equipment, buildings, and vehicles.
• Clearing town roadways, leaf collection services, and water and sewer related
tasks (including, but not limited to, turn-on/shut-off and meter instillation/change-outs).
• Deal courteously and tactfully with the public in response to inquiries and complaints.
• Makes periodic inspections of street, sewer systems, and equipment as delegated by
• Maintains work hour log and submits to Town Council for approval; to coincide with
bi-weekly payroll requirements by Clerk-Treasurer.
• Provide “on call” as requested by the Town Council President especially in the event of an emergency.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
• Education: HS diploma or GED required; Two-year Associate degree in a related technical field
would be optimal.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Experience: Two-years prior experience in related field such as sanitary sewer, streets and/or
heavy equipment is preferred.
• Must reside within a 30-minute commuting radius of the Town. Must be available to
work some overtime and some weekends if requested by Town Council or townsperson in need.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Work cooperatively and effectively with others (including, but not limited to, Town of Ashley employees)
• Possess excellent customer service skills.
• Skill to operate tools, equipment, and vehicles safely and efficiently.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Occasional exertion in excess of 100 pounds of force. And
less force frequently to move objects. Physical activity may include climbing, balancing,
stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, pushing,
lifting, grasping, hearing and repetitive motions.
• Exposure to indoor and outdoor environmental conditions including extreme heat and
cold, vibration and noise. Subject to job hazards including fumes, odors, and gases.
Exposure to moving mechanical parts.
• Willingness to wear a respirator and other Personal Protect Equipment depending on
• Willingness to learn and attend conferences, trainings, and other such educational/business
functions as requested by Supervisor or Town Council.
• Must pass a drug screen (reimbursed upon passing).
• Must pass a background check (reimbursed upon passing).
• Must pass a pre-employment physical (reimbursed upon passing).
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and safe driving record required.
• Other: Full Time; Non-Exempt Position.
• Medical Insurance Stipend provided.
• Paid holidays; 6 Scheduled and 2 Floating.
• Paid vacation; 1 week for first year, increasing thereafter
The Town of Hudson, Indiana is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EEOC)
Download Application here https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxwoneoiscxuj9c/hudsonapplication.docx?dl=0
We have 10 guests and no members online